Wonder-working Power
Trinidad. An unforgettable trip for sure. Tomorrow morning at 3:30am I leave for Uganda, Africa. I will try to blog while I'm there, but I'm not sure about the Internet situation. Please be in prayer for our team as we seek to further the magnificent Kingdom of God.
God taught me so much, is teaching me so much. And that is my prayer: that the God of everything; life, would continue his work in me. That I would never stop growing.
Trinidad was beautiful. It is located right off the coast of South America (we could see Venezuala), and very tropical. So many palm trees and so much humidity.
One thing I learned this trip was to never be good enough to stop learning, or to stop growing. Us humans think so highly of ourselves, so much more highly than we out. And one thing I missed before leaving for Trinidad was how I really underestimated the power of the Holy Spirit.
For four out of the nine days we were there, we did bible clubs for communities. Our group of 140 split into 6 different ministry teams to go to 6 different communities. My ministry team ended up on a road called Demarara. I learned before we got there that Demarara was one of the newer communites to the minstry of TTUM, so there wasn't really a presence of any ministry there yet. Our bus pulled into the dirt road of shack homes protected by tin roofs. Dogs laid everywhere, trash at every corner, yet there was such an excitement. God was going to do something, I just never would have expected it to be this big.
The first day we got there the kids were so excited. Some of them said that they had never met an american before. We told them about the bible club and told them that they needed to come, and by the end of our canvasing through the neighborhood, we had a trail of kids holding our hands, wanting love and attention.
The next day, we pulled up and began our bible club. Little did we know that our team of 18 would be serving 75 children! It was a little overwhelming trying to make everything somewhat orderly and organized. Everyone got on the bus that day so excited for what God had done, but I still didn't see it. I hadn't made connections with any of the kids yet..I was so busy trying to have some sense of organization that I neglected Jesus' face. Sounds a bit like Mary, right? Missing out because she was too busy. Missing the POWER of GOD because the power of her stove was more important at the moment. I left feeling a hint of discouragement. But little did I know..
The next day, the Lord revealed something to me about myself. I love hanging out and being with the older children. Everyone is immediately attracted to the 3-9 year olds.."they're just so cute." But what about the tweens? The ones who are starting years of emotional growth, and physical growth..sometimes they get so forgotten. But I started a conversation with some girls, and we just had the best time! It was just so exciting! And honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do with that information and burden, but maybe God has something for me that has to do with older kids.
Every day we performed the Story. Shannon, Zac, Zach, Ashley, Lawson and I had come with a little skit to show the kids so they would stay interested. On the 3rd day, we broke into small groups after performing the Story. I would be so mistaken to say that I did anything. God did so much through me. The Holy Spirit was in my words and my thoughts, and I had the opportunity to present the gospel with these three girls
God taught me so much, is teaching me so much. And that is my prayer: that the God of everything; life, would continue his work in me. That I would never stop growing.
Trinidad was beautiful. It is located right off the coast of South America (we could see Venezuala), and very tropical. So many palm trees and so much humidity.
One thing I learned this trip was to never be good enough to stop learning, or to stop growing. Us humans think so highly of ourselves, so much more highly than we out. And one thing I missed before leaving for Trinidad was how I really underestimated the power of the Holy Spirit.
For four out of the nine days we were there, we did bible clubs for communities. Our group of 140 split into 6 different ministry teams to go to 6 different communities. My ministry team ended up on a road called Demarara. I learned before we got there that Demarara was one of the newer communites to the minstry of TTUM, so there wasn't really a presence of any ministry there yet. Our bus pulled into the dirt road of shack homes protected by tin roofs. Dogs laid everywhere, trash at every corner, yet there was such an excitement. God was going to do something, I just never would have expected it to be this big.
The first day we got there the kids were so excited. Some of them said that they had never met an american before. We told them about the bible club and told them that they needed to come, and by the end of our canvasing through the neighborhood, we had a trail of kids holding our hands, wanting love and attention.
The next day, we pulled up and began our bible club. Little did we know that our team of 18 would be serving 75 children! It was a little overwhelming trying to make everything somewhat orderly and organized. Everyone got on the bus that day so excited for what God had done, but I still didn't see it. I hadn't made connections with any of the kids yet..I was so busy trying to have some sense of organization that I neglected Jesus' face. Sounds a bit like Mary, right? Missing out because she was too busy. Missing the POWER of GOD because the power of her stove was more important at the moment. I left feeling a hint of discouragement. But little did I know..
The next day, the Lord revealed something to me about myself. I love hanging out and being with the older children. Everyone is immediately attracted to the 3-9 year olds.."they're just so cute." But what about the tweens? The ones who are starting years of emotional growth, and physical growth..sometimes they get so forgotten. But I started a conversation with some girls, and we just had the best time! It was just so exciting! And honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do with that information and burden, but maybe God has something for me that has to do with older kids.
Every day we performed the Story. Shannon, Zac, Zach, Ashley, Lawson and I had come with a little skit to show the kids so they would stay interested. On the 3rd day, we broke into small groups after performing the Story. I would be so mistaken to say that I did anything. God did so much through me. The Holy Spirit was in my words and my thoughts, and I had the opportunity to present the gospel with these three girls
They were some of the sweetest girls. They were all in my small group and they ALL accepted Christ! They joy in my heart is still overwhelming.
The next day, we got a chance to follow up, so naturally, I asked how they had seen God working in their lives. I was absolutely blown away. Not only is my God awesome, but He has such a hold over Satan, it's incredible. Celine (the girl in the Smurf shirt) said that she was sick in the hospital and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She said the doctors said it was something spiritual and she said that she didn't have to be afraid because she knew that the spirit of God was so much greater. She was no longer scared of the bad spirits because God was her shield, her strength. Monique (the girl in the yellow) said that the night RIGHT after she accepted Christ, she had a dream. In her dream, she was in trouble. She was so scared because she was in trouble, but she looked up and saw Jesus coming to help her.
Can you believe it? Jesus had already revealed Himself to her within 12 hours of accepting Him! It was so real. Such genuine, childlike faith. So pure, so Holy.
This is only one. One of so many stories out there of precious people devoting themselves to a precious God. And I just stood back and watched and tried to participate in all that God was doing, because He did so much. Don't ever underestimate the Spirit of God. There is POWER in the name of Jesus to break every chain.
He is the all-sufficient Sacrifice. So freely given, such a price. He bought our redemption and in turn, heaven's gates swing WIDE. There is POWER. Wonder-working Power. Never underestimate it.
Comments
Post a Comment