It's a lifestyle.

As big events happen throughout the year, I find myself reflecting alot. Reflecting on life, the summer, the school year. Looking ahead with great anticipation as to what God has planned and ready for me.


I reminisce on great times with great friends who taught me and challenged me to be better for Jesus. To think better and deeper for Him. And to do myself and the world a favor by learning and digging deeper about my faith, and why I believe it. Great speakers who taught and taught and taught and invested in students' lives to motivate and equip them (and me) to make a change in the world, our world, where God has placed us TODAY. I learned that just because I'm not in Guatemala or Uganda, I can still be just as much for Jesus because America is made of the business, journalism, media, food, marketing, and fashion markets. We need Christians to be influential there JUST as much as anywhere else. I learned that I can use my talents to impact America, where God has placed me for now, for today. 


I soon after got to skip continents over to Trinidad which is right above South America (We could see venezuala from the coast of Trinidad). God showed me so many things, beginning by humbling my heart to a level where it needed to be. 'No, Elise, you're not all that,' he kept telling me. Constantly gently helping me to become better for Him, not myself. Thank you, Jesus for that. He lead me to began investing more in the older kids, like this sweet girl pictured above. Her and her group of friends quickly put that into practice as I got to invest just a few minutes into their lives, but Oh how God used it in my heart. He grew in me a love for the older kids. The ones who might be a little more neglected because the younger kids usually get all the loving. I'm so thankful for the relationships I got to make with those older kids in Trinidad! He also taught me how much I can be used in my very own youthgroup and grade. Encouraging people, being diligent in praying for people, etc. 

God sure is good. 


This woman. Mama Christine is what they call her. Who rises early and stays up late to invest in the Sozo Children. Going back was different, definately. For the kids to know my name when I got there, for them to remember my face from over a year ago. For new relationships to look foward to investing in, but also to remember the old and to grow them. What a blessing. Lessons lessons lessons. Lessons of patience when I looked so foward to seeing my Angel, but didn't get to. Learning to settle with knowing she is okay. Lessons in learning not just from women at home, but women like Mama Christine, with complete different pasts, but the same future. Learning to not work for the world, but for the Lord. The world has so much less to offer. Learning that home is a good place to be. Learning that when I think God is done with me, he is not. 


But lastly, learning that my home is here. Every day, I pray that God would give me boldness to make the Gospel a part of my life. In a smile, or a kind word to a customer at work, or respect to my amazing parents, or an act of kindness to a sibling. No, that doesn't cover up the actual SHARING of the Gospel to unbelievers, but home is where lifestyle kicks in. I don't live in africa, guatemala, or trinidad right now. I live in Lewisville, North Carolina. And shame on me if I complain or get upset when God has CHOSEN me to be here, right now where I am. 

Thank you, Jesus. 

I am so thankful that He understands when I mess up, or don't live up to what I am called to be, but this year, as I look foward to the summer, I pray that I will not get lazy in my faith. That I will truly live out what I believe. And not to just say it, but to hurt the devil by living it. 

Here, it's a lifestyle. What is yours like?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!