Your Life as a Ministry

Sometimes I just want to stay out all night with my friends being stupid and ignorant without a care in the world.

Then my brain quickly zaps me back into reality and I tell myself "I can't live that lifestyle."

Where is the balance?

 I want to stay out late every weekend with my best friends. I want to travel crazy places every summer. I want to live life to the fullest, not missing a MOMENT of it.

But is that wrong? Is that my own selfishness getting in the way?

I battle with this question quite often. One day, I'll be wanting to go on a road trip across the country with my best friends, and then another day, I'll be telling myself there are better, more Kingdom focused things I could be doing with  my time.

However I have come to the realization that my fun, sad, scary, exciting, spontaneous life is a ministry. 

It's not just when I have that mindset of "let me GO," it is even when I'm about to go see a movie with my friends. It's not just, "okay I have to be mature because I'm about to go lead worship." No, my life, however I use it, is a ministry.

And that is the question, isn't it? HOW will you use it?

In everything I do in this life, wherever it may be, I want Christ to be able to say about me, "well done, good and faithful servant." 

Whether my job is to encourage the friends I have right now, or share the Gospel with the new friends I will make, I will be faithful as His ambassador.

This journey of life is fun, scary, thrilling, exciting, exhilarating, and full of trials. I intend to have FUN as I go and share the Gospel. I intend to be present where I am and in what I do…being ALL there, so that in the end, Christ may call me His good, faithful, servant.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!