beautifuls to browns to betters
I love fall. It's when seemingly fresh leaves turn beautiful and then ugly brown and then fall away, only to be replaced with younger, fresher ones. It's a season of beauty into a season of cold into a season of new.
Doesn't life seem to work like that as well? When your life is seemingly okay. It's under control--your control. Life is good. You have friends, you have family, you have a job, an education.
And it's beautiful, right? It's pretty..people like to look at it, people admire you for it. But then something happens. You slip up and turn mean, your heart is cold, your actions show it, too. The leaves of life begin to fall and it's God humbling you and bringing you to a place of surrender, humility.
Doesn't life seem to work like that as well? When your life is seemingly okay. It's under control--your control. Life is good. You have friends, you have family, you have a job, an education.
And it's beautiful, right? It's pretty..people like to look at it, people admire you for it. But then something happens. You slip up and turn mean, your heart is cold, your actions show it, too. The leaves of life begin to fall and it's God humbling you and bringing you to a place of surrender, humility.
You fall back on your knees. Falling through what seems like dark storms, and maybe it is. You realize that you are dead in your transgressions. And for a season, a whole long, dark, cold season you sit on the ground, waiting and wondering.
But then, refinement comes turning our beautifuls to browns, and then our browns to betters.
We become better through fall. And no, I don't mean the actual physical season of fall (even though sometimes I am probably way too happy about this season), I mean when WE fall. Fall on our face and knees before the God who allows us to fall and fail.
And then we welcome spring. The springing up of new life, new lessons, new US. It's the refinement through seasons. We all NEED seasons. We can never go anywhere if we stay in the same place with our faith all the time.
It's okay to wonder WHY we fall. It's apart of us being humans. We want to know (selfishly) why we are where we are. Why God would do that to us...but little do we know, or understand that it is just a season. They come and they go. And praise God for not letting us stay comfortably where we are, but pushing us through fire to come out more like Him.
I was talking with a friend last night, and he said "It's okay to wonder, just don't worry."
SO,
WONDER, but don't worry -- start falling. You will be brown for a season, but it will make you better. You will become beautiful again.
"I have refined you, but not as silver is refined. Rather, I have
refined you in the furnace of suffering. I will rescue
you for my sake--
Yes, for my own sake! I will not let my reputation be tarnished,
and I will not share my Glory with idols!"
Isaiah 48: 10-11

Great analogy! Very relevant, relatable and encouraging. You should post more
ReplyDeletehis is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
ReplyDeleteTobacco Machines
Columbia SC Used Cars
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this amazing video with us
modalert
ReplyDeleteThese are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
Greenville SC Used Cars
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this amazing video with us
The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeletefishing
shivani baokar
ReplyDeletethanks for this
Green Tea Mattress
ReplyDeleteSports & Recreation
ReplyDeleteBanned from google Sexually
ReplyDeletecapstack partners nyc
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing his useful website
capstack partners nyc
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing his useful website
Avon
ReplyDeletemeasuring spoon software Thank for sharing this amazing website with us
ReplyDeletedesigner bags
ReplyDeletelow price high quality bags
antiques collection
ReplyDeleteDogs Antiques
paper writer
ReplyDeleteBest writing website
Organic Soap
ReplyDeleteI respect what you have done here. You have a great deal of composing ability. but anyways Awesome article! It sounds great. The blog was really amazing and great to read. Thanks a ton for sharing that great stuff! Amazed to read. Else, dont forget to try out our best essay writing service for college students
ReplyDelete