Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!
If you know me at all, you know I love to travel.
What an adventure I am about to be a part of!
I graduated high school in December (2014). I made that decision in September to finish early because I had enough credits and then I was hoping to travel somewhere or get an internship somewhere local/domestic in the Spring semester (2015). However, I just kinda put it off because it was so far in the future. I met with our missions pastor at Calvary to see what opportunities were available. I wanted to serve the church and not just do what I wanted to do. He mentioned missionaries that Calvary had in Lebanon, Germany, Calgary, and India. After prayer and consideration and a couple emails, we decided that Germany would be really feasible to pursue because of a missionary connection that our head pastor had with the church planter there.
Because apartments and living spaces are small in Germany (especially the city, Frankfurt), housing was a bit difficult to find and because we notified them relatively late, we had to wait to receive news about if this trip was actually going to work.
All the while I had just kinda accepted the fact that it probably wasn't going to happen. I mean, this is crazy, right? Monday of this week (Jan 5th), we still hadn't heard anything, and my awesome mother gave me a small dose of reality (which I needed), giving me a heads up for if it wasn't going to work. That night I was frustrated at God because this was the plan, right? This was the right plan to happen. Because I know so much, right?
No, I don't. I tried to head up the whole situation AGAIN. And every time it fails.
It's like I'm a party planner and every time I touch something it messes up. The wedding cake doesn't show up, the lights aren't working..
The next day I came before the Father who sovereignly loves me, adopted me, and pursues me. It was that small dose of reality that taught me to be humble again. He gives enough Grace. That morning I realized that this semester is the Lord's. I prayed for Him to do whatever He wanted with me.
That morning I started exploring my other options for internships or work this semester, because obviously Germany wasn't going to happen. So, I set up a couple phone calls for later.
At about noon, I got a Facebook notification for a friend request. It was from Stephan Pues, the missionary in Germany! He sent me a message and told me to check my email. In the email He explained to me that they had found a place for me to stay and were ready to begin working details out!!
Isn't it funny that God was waiting for me to surrender to show me what He was doing? I love that He works that way. He gives Grace to the humble. May I always be seeking to become more humble, because I cannot do this on my own.
SO, in roughly 2 weeks, I will be on a plane to Germany. I will be staying with a young couple from the church there. While there, I will be helping to church plant, meeting new people, and doing whatever I can to serve the missionaries there. I will be there for the end of Jan, and the whole month of February. I cannot wait to serve the German people and church.
I covet your prayers as this all happened quickly and there are still several details that need working out. I will be updating everyone via social media about my travels and excursions and stories about how God is working.
I am very thankful for this opportunity and cannot wait to go.
Although I am kinda blind walking into this, I know that this is God's will. He is sovereign.
Here goes nothing!!
What an adventure I am about to be a part of!
I graduated high school in December (2014). I made that decision in September to finish early because I had enough credits and then I was hoping to travel somewhere or get an internship somewhere local/domestic in the Spring semester (2015). However, I just kinda put it off because it was so far in the future. I met with our missions pastor at Calvary to see what opportunities were available. I wanted to serve the church and not just do what I wanted to do. He mentioned missionaries that Calvary had in Lebanon, Germany, Calgary, and India. After prayer and consideration and a couple emails, we decided that Germany would be really feasible to pursue because of a missionary connection that our head pastor had with the church planter there.
Because apartments and living spaces are small in Germany (especially the city, Frankfurt), housing was a bit difficult to find and because we notified them relatively late, we had to wait to receive news about if this trip was actually going to work.
All the while I had just kinda accepted the fact that it probably wasn't going to happen. I mean, this is crazy, right? Monday of this week (Jan 5th), we still hadn't heard anything, and my awesome mother gave me a small dose of reality (which I needed), giving me a heads up for if it wasn't going to work. That night I was frustrated at God because this was the plan, right? This was the right plan to happen. Because I know so much, right?
No, I don't. I tried to head up the whole situation AGAIN. And every time it fails.
It's like I'm a party planner and every time I touch something it messes up. The wedding cake doesn't show up, the lights aren't working..
The next day I came before the Father who sovereignly loves me, adopted me, and pursues me. It was that small dose of reality that taught me to be humble again. He gives enough Grace. That morning I realized that this semester is the Lord's. I prayed for Him to do whatever He wanted with me.
That morning I started exploring my other options for internships or work this semester, because obviously Germany wasn't going to happen. So, I set up a couple phone calls for later.
At about noon, I got a Facebook notification for a friend request. It was from Stephan Pues, the missionary in Germany! He sent me a message and told me to check my email. In the email He explained to me that they had found a place for me to stay and were ready to begin working details out!!
Isn't it funny that God was waiting for me to surrender to show me what He was doing? I love that He works that way. He gives Grace to the humble. May I always be seeking to become more humble, because I cannot do this on my own.
SO, in roughly 2 weeks, I will be on a plane to Germany. I will be staying with a young couple from the church there. While there, I will be helping to church plant, meeting new people, and doing whatever I can to serve the missionaries there. I will be there for the end of Jan, and the whole month of February. I cannot wait to serve the German people and church.
I covet your prayers as this all happened quickly and there are still several details that need working out. I will be updating everyone via social media about my travels and excursions and stories about how God is working.
I am very thankful for this opportunity and cannot wait to go.
Although I am kinda blind walking into this, I know that this is God's will. He is sovereign.
Here goes nothing!!
http://opentheeyesofmyheart1.blogspot.com/2015/01/goodbye-murica-hey-germany.html?showComment=1448434619717#c5510114353579549564
ReplyDeletemodalert
ReplyDeleteThe information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing..
Rock Hill SC Used Cars
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this amazing video with us
Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
ReplyDeletefishing
shivani baokar
ReplyDeletethanks for this
Green Tea Mattress
ReplyDeleteSports & Recreation
ReplyDeleteBanned from google Sex lovers check it out
ReplyDeletecapstack partners nyc
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing his useful website
Swedish Backpack Best backpacks in the world
ReplyDeleteAvon
ReplyDeletemeasuring spoon software Thank for sharing this amazing website with us
ReplyDeleteKiaana Home Originale
ReplyDeleteBulldog memorabilia
ReplyDeleteDogs Lovers
antiques collection
ReplyDeleteDogs Antiques
perfume
ReplyDeleteAmazing Perfumes
paper writer
ReplyDeleteBest writing website
Amazing news for more detail please visit Right Now News
ReplyDeleteOrganic Soap
ReplyDelete