Journey in Germany

You wait to grow up, and then here it is. You wait to finish middle school, and you're in high school. You wait to finish high school, and then, you finish high school, you wait to be independent, waiting for a moment, or a feeling or an emotion, but then all of a sudden, you're there.

It was an emotional moment when I hugged my mom in the airport Monday afternoon and took the first steps towards a new adventure. I teared up just a little bit (mainly because my mom is just the bomb). As I waited at my gate for a flight into the unknown, I had so many emotions surging through me. I wish I could bottle them up and put them into words. It's like your parents prepare you all of your life for this moment..growing up, and then you're there. Walking away from that life into the next phase. It was such an adrenaline rush. It's in that moment that God defines you into YOU. You have to make decisions for yourself..not always having someone to turn to.

My time in Frankfurt so far has been amazing so far. Abbi and Jared Wensyel have opened me into the adorable apartment with open arms, making my move very smooth. The church planters here explained to me their vision yesterday and I was very very impressed and excited for the gospel movement that is happening here. Frankfurt reminds me much of Calgary in that it's very post-modern and relativist. "Whatever works for you is good for you."

Over the weeks I think a challenge for me will be sharing the Gospel. The church here practices that so well through parties, small groups, coffee time in shops. This is a stretch for me though!

I have found that one of the people in this church plant is interested in ending human trafficking. We talked on Tuesday and have decided to do something about it. Pray for whatever could come that could shine light on ending slavery here in Frankfurt. I am excited about what God is doing here. Stay tuned for more details, stories, and pictures!


Watch this video about Nordstern, the church I am working with here!

http://www.redeemercitytocity.com/frankfurt

Comments

  1. Exactly, you're very kind of us about comment!.
    fishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing news for more detail please visit Right Now News

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!