Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany



     Experiencing other cultures is vitally important to your faith, in my opinion. It pulls you out of your comfort zone, (Which is totally cliché right now, but think about it. You’re literally in a zone of the world and you need to physically get out of it) and pushes you to see how other people around the world do things. 

     In a world that is becoming postmodern I have learned to cherish my values, to cling to the body of Christ, to abandon legalism in order to truly understand the Gospel, to be open to different doors God may be opening, to think before I speak, and to understand that Gospel credibility to other people is through my relationships with other people (how I love them).

     I have seen a different, but just as able way to do church. I have recognized how real the Gospel is and how worthy it is of my entire life. I have been to some of the latest, biggest parties I’ve ever experienced. I have drank SO MUCH COFFEE, and eaten SO MANY CARBS. I have walked more steps in an average day than I ever have living anywhere else. I have grown up and really had to understand and realize where I stand on certain things. I have lived with the second best parents ever (Jared and Abbi next to Hot Boss Dave and Mama Sus). I have been accepted with open arms by a church. I have followed through with passions that began in 8th grade…

But what’s the point of all this craziness if there isn’t a God? Why would I need to pushed out of my comfort zone? Why would I need to go to a church across the world, or for that matter, even a church at all? Why would I need credibility in my relationships with people? Why would I travel alone as a 17-year-old (except for that it’s awesome)?

Friends, this life holds no value if the One who gives it value is not alive.

I think the biggest lesson I have learned (so far that is), is that in order to be apart of something this big, you have to believe something this big. You can’t just be lukewarm and then plant a church. No, you must believe it with your heart and soul and mind and strength.  Think about it – Do you  REALLY get the Gospel? Do you really understand what Jesus did?

Until you and I do, our lives are simply lived by fleeting feelings and comfortable tendencies.  Friends, we are called to be different.

We ask for radical change in this world but are disappointed when it doesn’t happen. Maybe Radical change will happen when radical evangelism happens, which won’t happen until radical belief happens. 

My Bible Fellowship teacher at Calvary always asks my senior class this:

“Do you really believe that what you believe is really real?”

Because if you do, you better hold on to your seat; radical change is coming to this world.







Comments

  1. Nice post. thanks for the shared it with us. source web design

    ReplyDelete
  2. modalert
    I read that Post and got it fine and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE
    Thanks for sharing this amazing website with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. measuring spoon software Thank for sharing this amazing website with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing news for more detail please visit Right Now News

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!