Awakened to Love
Here I am. Sitting in North Carolina in the great and mighty USA. Pictures from my filled-up walls jump out to me and threaten my eyes to release tears. Adventures arrive at my mind bringing memories of fun, beautiful, hard, emotional, spiritually-filling trips. From America to Africa, the stories I have to share continue to impact my life.
I read stories of friends who are in different countries, and their chance to serve the obvious physical need of 3rd world countries. I see them washing the feet of others, and my heart desires to wash the feet of those strangers whom I seem to love so openly and willingly. To show them the servanthood of Jesus, the humility of the King, the open arms of the Daddy. I am so blinded.
I just can't seem to get it. I live in a country where food comes at the push of a button, water comes by just the pull of a lever (hot water for that matter), cars are starting to move without drivers, technology is rising even more and more powerfully. I constantly get sick and tired of the greed and "neediness" that occurs more prominently in America.
But then I think of Jesus. He is unchanging. Always the same, and I overlook the fact that people inside my very neighborhood are going to Hell if they don't hear about the message of goodness from someone. Someone in Argentina, Ukraine, or Australia need Jesus just the same as someone in Winston Salem, or Philidelphia, or Dallas. I complain in my heart about not being where I ELISE MOORE wants to be, and I completely discard the possibility that God has gracefully given me the privilege of bringing light to this spiritually broken land. I am learning, slowly but surely, to give up what I don't NEED. Oh its such a hard thing. I really want this new bag, or this new pair of shoes. But they NEED Jesus. And with our resources and our time and money, we can give America Jesus. We can be the hands and feet of Christ. We can wash the feet of people here where we are NOW. And I believe that until we understand to love everyone everywhere with His love, we are just like every other lost person. We've got to get it. God continually reminds me, and if that's what it takes to take my eyes of myself and place them on what should be my GREATEST JOY, then I'm willing.
Until Christ becomes our greatest joy; our purpose, we are blind. Make Him your purpose. Make loving the world with His love your purpose.
Comments
Post a Comment