WAIT.
Time seems to pass so quickly now. As I've gotten older, it seems like the days go by in increments, not just 24 hours. I don't know if it's my perspective changing, my busy schedule filling up, or growing a mind that makes it seem this way. Friends, come and go, events stay and leave, people change, but He stays the same forever.
In Kairos, the singing ensemble I am involved in this year, we sing a song called waiting here for You.
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEGnH5x8g
I would encourage you to watch some of this video to understand the Power of this song. At first, when we began singing it, I was only pulled emotionally to the musicality of the song. It has a great tune, and the words pull you in, but I did not know what it meant. To wait on the Lord? God is everything, has everything, does everything, why would He need/want us to wait on Him?
"Waiting here for you, with our hands lifted high in praise."
Whether we want to or not, we have to wait on the Lord. This isn't the type of wait that means, "God is a little behind on His schedule, so, can you wait a couple more hours for the Lord?" By no means is this what these words are saying.
I find it so frustrating sometimes when I don't hear God. I find myself questioning Him.."where are you? why aren't you speaking to my heart?" I am so impatient. So imperfect. And yet it is in that moment that His strength is made perfect. In my weakness...To wait on the Lord. Actively and expectantly waiting on Him. Knowing that He is going to work. Through the power of His Spirit...
In Kairos, the singing ensemble I am involved in this year, we sing a song called waiting here for You.
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEGnH5x8g
I would encourage you to watch some of this video to understand the Power of this song. At first, when we began singing it, I was only pulled emotionally to the musicality of the song. It has a great tune, and the words pull you in, but I did not know what it meant. To wait on the Lord? God is everything, has everything, does everything, why would He need/want us to wait on Him?
"Waiting here for you, with our hands lifted high in praise."
Whether we want to or not, we have to wait on the Lord. This isn't the type of wait that means, "God is a little behind on His schedule, so, can you wait a couple more hours for the Lord?" By no means is this what these words are saying.
I find it so frustrating sometimes when I don't hear God. I find myself questioning Him.."where are you? why aren't you speaking to my heart?" I am so impatient. So imperfect. And yet it is in that moment that His strength is made perfect. In my weakness...To wait on the Lord. Actively and expectantly waiting on Him. Knowing that He is going to work. Through the power of His Spirit...
pas·sive
/ˈpasiv/
Adjective
Accepting
or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or
resistance.
To be
passive means without active response..sitting back on the sidelines wondering
if God is going to show up or if He is going to work. Wondering if He has power
to, non-expectant.
ac·tive
/ˈaktiv/
Adjective
|
(of a
person) Engaging or ready to engage in physically energetic pursuits.
|
May we
expect God. May we expect Him to do great things in and through us, as we
actively selflessly wait for Him, so that we may adore Him.
Engaging
in radical PURSUIT of GOD. Expecting Him to do His work. And as we wait, may our hands
be lifted high to the God of the universe in Praise. For it is HIM and only Him
that we adore with all of our lives.
We come with expectation, waiting here for You.
Comments
Post a Comment