Invasion
"You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to WHO they are, but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth." Mark 12:14
This was said by the pharisees while they were questioning Jesus about paying taxes. They didn't even respect Jesus, but they knew that He was not swayed by who people were, but what they needed spiritually.
Oh, I want to be like Jesus. I want to walk in His footsteps and live in His light. Yet, how can I do that when I get caught up with the question of who they are rather than what they need?
Oswald Chambers writes "The Holy Spirit cannot be located as a Guest in a house, He invades everything. He takes charge of everything; my part is to walk in the light and to obey all that He reveals."
Well guess what? He is revealing to you. Showing you people not based on the appearance of their raggedy clothes, or overweight body, or blood-shot eyes, but on the condition of their heart. Too often the invading Spirit guides me to help a certain person, and one glance at the bedraggled appearance turns my eyes and my heart to maybe a more rich, clean person. Sometimes, I even get caught up in the act of judging people--turning them away from the throne-room of God, when I should be making disciples like a wildfire. Like a wildfire igniting the light of heaven's pearly gates. The gates that lead to the welcoming arms of a Savior. What a comforting thought to let our hearts rest in.

I believe that when the Holy Spirit invades, the spiritual consciousness of what we are doing naturally is given to Him. Our part, is to walk in that light and obey all that He reveals, no matter how ugly, dirty, smelly, pretty, clean, neat, hurting, or perfect. Let the Spirit direct you in your thinking, acting, doing. Let go of the sinful natures that we are so gruesomely bound to and let God capture and change your heart, as well as people's hearts. This life is but a vapor, don't let it slip away. We are only here for a short while, so make it count.
Oh, I want to be like Jesus. I want to walk in His footsteps and live in His light. Yet, how can I do that when I get caught up with the question of who they are rather than what they need?
Oswald Chambers writes "The Holy Spirit cannot be located as a Guest in a house, He invades everything. He takes charge of everything; my part is to walk in the light and to obey all that He reveals."
I believe that when the Holy Spirit invades, the spiritual consciousness of what we are doing naturally is given to Him. Our part, is to walk in that light and obey all that He reveals, no matter how ugly, dirty, smelly, pretty, clean, neat, hurting, or perfect. Let the Spirit direct you in your thinking, acting, doing. Let go of the sinful natures that we are so gruesomely bound to and let God capture and change your heart, as well as people's hearts. This life is but a vapor, don't let it slip away. We are only here for a short while, so make it count.

Comments
Post a Comment