LOVE. SERVE. REPEAT.

Psalm 27:13-14:
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. [WAIT] for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

To wait for the Lord. How hard could it be, right?
Sometimes us lowly human beings decide that OUR ways are better than HIS. We do kind of have it all under control, right? Wrong.

Waiting is a very hard thing, because we think we have everything under control and know exactly what we need for our life. In pleading with God to take me back to Uganda soon or Guatemala, or somewhere other than America, He made me realize something very important.

The Lord is better than life. And through the kids that I went to serve, I was taught that. That nothing matters except praising God and bringing glory to Him. But when I came home, I was disgusted. I was disgusted with the way people live, with how Americans think they're so rich, but really, they're so P O O R. And I wanted out. So I prayed, "Lord, GET ME OUT OF HERE. I know this is not where I'm supposed to be." He replied, "think again."

So I did. I prayed about it, thinking that I was still right in wanting to return to Uganda to serve those kids and be filled with the joy they have. However, God showed me something different.

Jesus showed me that in my disgust with America, I was completely forgetting my job to show [everyone] that He is better than life. Because if anyone, the filthy rich americans need to know this truth. He showed me that while I wait on the Lord, I can and will be diligent in serving the people of America just as I would the people of Uganda or Guatemala. It's a hard reality, but thinking you're helpless just because you aren't thousands of miles away in the dirt of Africa MAKES you helpless. I have learned that every minute counts. Every moment of loving and serving matters, no matter the race, skin color, or language. Because for all you know, you could be changing someone's life in your job, in your home, in your church, in your community, everywhere.

I don't know when I'm going to be able to go back, I don't know IF I am going to be able to go back, but I know that God has me here in America right now for a reason. Maybe its to learn more and more about Him, or to develop an incredibly intimate relationship with Him. But in this WAITING period, its my job to use it, and not be still, wallowing in my despair that I'm not across the world doing the very same thing I'm called to do here and now.

Take every opportunity while you're waiting for the Lord. Be a witness to every single person you come into contact with. Serve the people of the world with everything you have. And listen for the still, small voice of God.

Love. Serve. Repeat.

Comments

  1. I know this is delayed, but I am just getting to read this. I like this one. Thanks for the reminder. Love you Lise-yyy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!