His Heart, Their Life.

Sometimes the angry faces and worn-out mothers, whiny children, or upset fathers aren't all that they seem. 

They're people. Just like you and me.

I consider myself to have a good life. I have family, great friends, I have food, a job, a car. I have an education and a little bit of spending money. I have college potential and a house. And even with all this, I seem to have "bad days". 

But what about all the people who don't have all that I do? A single mother of 3, or a recently divorced adult. A struggling man, or hungry child. A man who just lost his job, or just another failed interview. A woman who's husband just died, leaving her stranded with 2 toddlers. A family who's child died in a car accident. An adult who just found out they had cancer. A teen who has a positive test after an all-night party. 

I am realizing that everyone's life is not the same as mine. Not everyone has stuff, cars, money, a house, or food. Not everyone has Jesus to lean on. 

What if we all decided to treat people like Jesus sees them? 

In the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A today, I was getting annoyed yet again as another customer pulled up to the window on her phone, not bothering to respond to my, "how are you doing today?" Contempt welled up inside as I decided right then to not treat her as good. Shame on me. 

After seeing tears fall down her cheeks, my heart quickly changed. She was explaining to someone on the phone how her father had just died. She paused, wiped tears away, and continued in her frustration of a certain situation that I wasn't aware of. 

After she left, I was again gently reminded of God's eyes. He sees the hearts of ALL of His children, not neglecting one. His arms are gently wrapped around everyone. And what if He decides to use me to share Him through the way I treat that person? We must be ever conscious of how we view people. How they treat us might just be a result of their circumstances, and how we treat them cannot be a result of ours. 

Everyday I am reminded of my brokenness. My selfish, sinful heart. 

May God be exalted through me and through how I treat people. Lord, let me love them. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. 

Everything I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really real? Week 3 in Germany

Stubborn man given NEW life in a matter of minutes.

Goodbye 'Murica, Hey Germany!