To Live is Christ, to die is gain.
Maybe thats how God wants us to be. Overwhelmed at the thought--or fake sight of Jesus.
That's how I am. Crying out.
I am in Love.
I have always wondered what it would be like to fall in Love with Jesus. People say it all the time, and now I realize. I want to Love Him with ALL that I am. After seeing a clip like that and imagining that He was thinking of ME when He died? When He said that..He wanted to make ME new?
I am overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed at His constant renewal of Grace that covers me. Covers my sin; me. His body that was poured out for me so that the righteous requirements of the Law might be met.
In His great Grace and Mercy, he CHOSE me. Chose me to be His by offering Himself. He LOVES ME with an everlasting love. He cares so much about me to send his own Son into the sinful world that He LOVES.
I am free.
I am free from all that once held me down. All that once kept me in the dark realms of this world and I have found it. Freedom. Life. I have been given the gift that makes me most resemble my Maker. I am free to live IN Christ because I am a NEW free Creation.
I am set apart.
Christ, through His death, imparted to me the holiness of God. I am now a vessel. Used to be full of Christ and in Christ until all that I am is Christ. "He must become Greater, I must become Less."
Recently, I have found myself so overwhelmed. I can't even think of any other word to describe it because it is perfect. Life lies ahead, and with it come decisions that will, in-turn, direct the course of my life. Every move counts. Every decision counts. After Summit, and traveling to the world the past two summers, I have come to realize that this time..this MOMENT in my life matters the most. That my youth is an asset to how people view/listen to me, because I am young. They expect nothing of me except sneaking out late with my boyfriend, getting in trouble, and living for me.
But Oh, there is Something so much greater to live for.
Christ, in His great mercy has shown me what it looks like to NOT live for me. That my life is nothing. He has given me a desire to go and to share to EVERYONE the goodness of Christ. Whether at work, with friends, family, strangers.
My life is nothing but a vapor. Here for one second gone the next. So how will I use it? How will I use it to further the Kingdom? As Pastor Rob explains, we need to prepare to be persecuted.
I want to die for Christ. And whether it be His will for me to be persecuted in the process, so be it. This life is not mine. Yes, it's scary, but its Christ.
The benefits of Him are so much better than any benefits you could make for yourself. He is making you new. Renewing your mind, heart, soul to live and be better for Him.
Who knows what He may hold? But be ready.
"It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Philippians 1:20-21
Comments
Post a Comment