Its times when I feel the most empty, that God fills me up with the most good. You know how memories just hit you sometimes? Maybe a loved one that has passed away, or an old friend you think about, and you just start to cry? Missing those good times, but so happy that you experienced them.
I remember the time I spent working on gifts for my would-be sister, Maria. I hear Rudy's laughs and giggles as he plays the game "buenos noches" with me. Angel taking turns kissing my cheeks with her ebony lips. Smelling the smell of Sozo and Eagles Nest. Dirt roads winding throughout countrysides. My grandpa's last gift to me. Old houses that hold unforgettable memories.
All these memories are so sweet. Such a sweet reminder of what really matters in life. Is it meaningless drama that seems such a big deal? No. Is it living to please yourself in the moment? No. Its seeing the Lord in every part of life.
Lord, give me Your eyes. This is such a big lesson to learn. And it was my every prayer this past summer. Give me Your eyes. Let me see the world like You.
Big Eddie stole my heart immediately. AHH! The flour fights. Ahh! Makin chapati with Mama and singing my heart out to that sweet boy. (7/7/12) This was part of a journal entry shortly after I returned home from Uganda.
Before I left for Uganda, I prayed that if it be His Will, that I could use my voice to impact someone's life. But after that, I kinda pushed it to the back of my mind, knowing that was almost impossible, because we were going to be working with kids the shoe time. But if anyone knows me, singing never stops coming from my mouth. I sing without thinking about it, I can barely help it!
One of the nights (along with many others) at house 1, laughter floated around freely, and little black shaved heads ran around the house, giving "sweeties" (dead bugs) to each other, and tickle fights continued, and flour was being thrown up into the air at each other, and giggles never ceased. Chapati was being made, rolled, patted, pressed.
This stuff was so good. Basically fried ugandan dough. And we would all gather in a circle around a counter and form circles of dough to be fried. In doing this, flour fights would sprout, conversations about the day would be had, and everyone had an amazing time. As I sat back and took a look at Ibrah, Mercy, Doreen, Esau, and Big Eddie, I just thanked God for this group of people. This house, this food, everything.
And I hadn't even caught it. I was singing. One of Pastor Robert's famous songs that he likes to sing is is "Our God is an Awesome God" I looked up from my freshly circled off piece of chapati dough, and caught Big Eddie staring at me with a look of semi-shock. I stopped singing, and asked him, "what is it Eddie?"
He said in his beautiful Ugandan accent, "Auntie Alice, you have an amazing voice. I love hearing you singing. Please don't stop singing. Can we sing to Jesus together?"
With tears in my eyes, I replied "Yes, Eddie, lets sing together to Jesus."So we did. We opened our mouths and finished off the lyrics of Awesome God.
Our God is an awesome God, He reigns on heaven and earth with wisdom, power, and love. Our God is an awesome God.I would have never imagined God using my voice that way, but i would not trade it for anything. To see this Ugandan boy that towered over me look at me and tell me that my voice was beautiful and asked if we could praise our God together, truly showed my how Awesome our God is.
(Eddie is the one in the black t-shirt, grinning real big)
Let Jesus use your unique talents. Let Him take control to make situations where people notice Him in You. Because that is all life is about. It's seeing the Lord in every part of Life. I haven't forgotten Big Eddie. His heart that melted mine with how much he loved Jesus. His sweetness, and gentlemenness. And boy, I can't wait to sing straight to Jesus' face with Eddie, worshipping the Lord, and praising His name, singing Our God is an awesome God,
HE REIGNS.
I remember the time I spent working on gifts for my would-be sister, Maria. I hear Rudy's laughs and giggles as he plays the game "buenos noches" with me. Angel taking turns kissing my cheeks with her ebony lips. Smelling the smell of Sozo and Eagles Nest. Dirt roads winding throughout countrysides. My grandpa's last gift to me. Old houses that hold unforgettable memories.
All these memories are so sweet. Such a sweet reminder of what really matters in life. Is it meaningless drama that seems such a big deal? No. Is it living to please yourself in the moment? No. Its seeing the Lord in every part of life.
Lord, give me Your eyes. This is such a big lesson to learn. And it was my every prayer this past summer. Give me Your eyes. Let me see the world like You.
Big Eddie stole my heart immediately. AHH! The flour fights. Ahh! Makin chapati with Mama and singing my heart out to that sweet boy. (7/7/12) This was part of a journal entry shortly after I returned home from Uganda.
Before I left for Uganda, I prayed that if it be His Will, that I could use my voice to impact someone's life. But after that, I kinda pushed it to the back of my mind, knowing that was almost impossible, because we were going to be working with kids the shoe time. But if anyone knows me, singing never stops coming from my mouth. I sing without thinking about it, I can barely help it!
One of the nights (along with many others) at house 1, laughter floated around freely, and little black shaved heads ran around the house, giving "sweeties" (dead bugs) to each other, and tickle fights continued, and flour was being thrown up into the air at each other, and giggles never ceased. Chapati was being made, rolled, patted, pressed.

This stuff was so good. Basically fried ugandan dough. And we would all gather in a circle around a counter and form circles of dough to be fried. In doing this, flour fights would sprout, conversations about the day would be had, and everyone had an amazing time. As I sat back and took a look at Ibrah, Mercy, Doreen, Esau, and Big Eddie, I just thanked God for this group of people. This house, this food, everything.
And I hadn't even caught it. I was singing. One of Pastor Robert's famous songs that he likes to sing is is "Our God is an Awesome God" I looked up from my freshly circled off piece of chapati dough, and caught Big Eddie staring at me with a look of semi-shock. I stopped singing, and asked him, "what is it Eddie?"
He said in his beautiful Ugandan accent, "Auntie Alice, you have an amazing voice. I love hearing you singing. Please don't stop singing. Can we sing to Jesus together?"
With tears in my eyes, I replied "Yes, Eddie, lets sing together to Jesus."So we did. We opened our mouths and finished off the lyrics of Awesome God.
Our God is an awesome God, He reigns on heaven and earth with wisdom, power, and love. Our God is an awesome God.I would have never imagined God using my voice that way, but i would not trade it for anything. To see this Ugandan boy that towered over me look at me and tell me that my voice was beautiful and asked if we could praise our God together, truly showed my how Awesome our God is.
(Eddie is the one in the black t-shirt, grinning real big)
Let Jesus use your unique talents. Let Him take control to make situations where people notice Him in You. Because that is all life is about. It's seeing the Lord in every part of Life. I haven't forgotten Big Eddie. His heart that melted mine with how much he loved Jesus. His sweetness, and gentlemenness. And boy, I can't wait to sing straight to Jesus' face with Eddie, worshipping the Lord, and praising His name, singing Our God is an awesome God,
HE REIGNS.
Comments
Post a Comment